Turquoise necklace brown cord with beads



This necklace is made in an 18 inch cord (2mm coated leather cord in metallic bronze) and finished with a lobster claw clasp and jump ring. There are 12 total wooden beads on the necklace- six groups of 2 beads spread about an inch apart and held in place by knots. The pendant is turquoise (imitation)-  I made it myself using a decorative silver colored head pin, a silver colored jump ring and a pretty antique silver colored slide bail.

Side note- I’ve never worn turquoise jewelry before, but I found a bunch of these beads on sale on my very favorite jewelry website (Fire Mountain Gems), so I figured I’d try my hand at making turquoise jewelry (hopefully to sell it at a local arts and crafts fair this year). But I’ve decided I love turquoise- it’s so pretty! And since the pendant itself is large and beautiful, it looks nice with the simple leather cord ( I’ve also never worn leather cord jewelry either). So you’ll see more of these on my Blog soon. Also- for anyone who makes jewelry to sell- I recommend trying using a leather cord and attaching a simple pendant like this. You need to buy cord end covers- they’re cheap and really easy to attach- you just lay the cord inside the metal and squish it right with pliers- no glue or knots needed. It’s so easy but really pretty so I’m hoping people will really like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amethyst floating bead necklace

Double strand necklace clear seed beads with princess crown design