Beaded necklace double strand purple and pink- so pretty!


So I love the double strand look- but I’ve changed my style from my original double stand necklaces ( see my first two posts for examples). At first, I made both stands separated from end to end. Now I’m joining the strands for the first four inches and last four inches of the necklace, so it’s technically only doubled- stranded for about 12 inches. I like it both ways, it’s just a matter of preference. The benefit of this style is it’s more comfortable against your neck line, it’s a little lighter, and I think it accentuates the larger beads even more because of the contrast between the smaller seed beads in the back.  The color of the smaller seed beads is Smokey amethyst, and the other glass beads are various shades of purple and pink. The length is about 18 inches (not including the pendant). The pendant is hand make with a headpin and jump ring so it is removable. As always, my necklaces are made on sturdy beading wire (never on plastic filament- which is basically fishing line), this one is .3mm silver beading wire with a lobster claw clasp and 2 inch chain extender.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amethyst floating bead necklace

Double strand necklace clear seed beads with princess crown design