Double strand necklace with acrylic beads wood beads and glass seed beads

This is the first double strand necklace I made. I think it turned out pretty well for my first one! I watched a great YouTube video on how to make a double strand necklace and it inspired me. I used copper colored 3mm Beadalon beading wire- just one piece of wire folded in half. The longer strand is about 21 inches and the shorter strand is about 18. I used various wood beads and acrylic beads- some round, some rondelles, and a few of those bone- shaped wood beads. I also used gold colored glass dead beads. I used a gold colored lobster claw and gold jump ring in the back with about 2 inches of gold colored extender chain. I used crimp beads to finish the necklace ends.  It’s necklace is very lightweight- that’s the benefit of using acrylic versus glass beads. Also, glass beads chip and crack over time , but acrylic won’t.  I also made a matching bracelet with stretch cord. 🙂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amethyst floating bead necklace

Double strand necklace clear seed beads with princess crown design