For the love of beads

Hello!
This blog is all about DIY jewelry and beading. I only started making jewelry two months ago, but in two months I’ve already made at least 60 pieces of jewelry. I started with a simple stretch bracelet while I was watching my children make bracelets with pony beads. Now I’ve made double and triple strand bracelets, double and triple strand necklaces, earrings, hemp bracelets, and ankle bracelets. I’ve used beading wire and stretch cord mostly for my stringing. My regular vocabulary now consists of words like crimp beads, crimp covers, lobster claws, jump rings, bails, spacer beads, wire cutters, round-nosed pliers, etc. I have calloused hands from using pliers every night to bend head pins and secure crimp beads. I have converted my “guest bedroom” (in four years we’ve had one guest stay for 14 hours- so it wasn’t much of a guest room anyway) into “Mommy’s beading room “.  I was trying to keep all my beads organized in tackle boxes and storage containers, but now my card table is just constantly covered with jewelry. I’ve spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours on this hobby.  I have other hobbies, not to mention a full-time job plus two small children ( so three full-time jobs). 🙂. But this hobby makes me so happy!  So, after 2 months, I’ve decided I’ve only just begun.  I’m now officially addicted to beading.
 I’m creating this blog as a way to share my ideas and my. Jewelry with others and to continue to learn by getting feedback. Thank you for reading, and feel free to share this with your friends! I want to sell my jewelry but I’m not set up on any online sites yet. But if you see something you’d like to purchase please let me know!
Kristi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amethyst floating bead necklace

Double strand necklace clear seed beads with princess crown design